This policy applies to personal information we hold about individuals, sole traders and partnerships. It does not apply to information we hold about companies and other organisations.
Dyno-Group is part of the Centrica Group. Centrica Plc and its subsidiary companies believe it is important to protect your privacy, and so we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects that privacy. This policy explains how we may collect information about you and then use it to meet your needs. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your privacy, and tells you certain things we will not do. You should read this policy in conjunction with the Website Terms and Conditions.
When we first obtain personal information from you, or when you take a new service or product from us, we will give you the opportunity to tell us if you do or do not want to receive information from us about other services or products. You can normally do this contacting us at a freepost address. You may change your mind at any time by contacting us at the address below.
1. Collecting Information
We may collect personal information about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- From you when you agree to take a service or product from us, in which case this may include your contact details, date of birth, how you will pay for the product or service and your bank details.
- From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case this may tell us something about how you use our services.
- From documents that are available to the public, such as the electoral register.
Please note that some of the personal information we hold about you may be ‘sensitive personal data’ within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998 – for example, information about your health or ethnic origin.
Information you provide or we hold about you (whether or not under our contract (or contracts) with you) may be used by us or our agents and Franchisees to:
- identify you when you contact us;
- help run, and contact you about the improved running of, any accounts, services and products we have provided before, or provide now or in the future;
- carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information) and create statistical and testing information;
- help to prevent and detect fraud or loss; and
- contact you) about products and services offered by us and selected partners. if you DO NOT wish to hear about such products and services from us please write to us at Dyno, FREEPOST (KT3220), Surbiton, Surrey, KT6 4BR.
1.2 We may allow other people and organisations to use information we hold about you:
- to provide services you have asked for;
- as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses;
- if we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes; or
- as part of current or future legal proceedings.
From time to time, these other people and organisations may be outside the European Economic Area in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for personal data as the UK.
1.3 We may also allow your information to be used by other Centrica Group companies (including those using the British Gas, Scottish Gas, & Dyno brands) for them to carry out any of the above purposes.
1.4 We may check your details with one or more licensed credit-reference and fraud-prevention agencies. We and they may keep a record of this search and the payment details from your account, and share it with other organisations. If a person provides false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, this is also recorded. This information may be used by us, and other organisations may search these records to:
- Help make decisions about credit and credit-related services for you and members of your household;
- Help make decisions on motor, household, credit, life and other insurance proposals and insurance claims for you and members of your household;
- Trace debtors, recover debt, prevent fraud, and manage your accounts or insurance policies;
- Check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you give us other satisfactory proof of your identity; and
- Carry out statistical analysis about credit, insurance and fraud.
We, and other credit and insurance organisations, may also use technology to detect and prevent fraud.
If you need details of those credit agencies and fraud-prevention agencies from which we get, and with which we record, information about you, please write to our Data Protection Manager, Privacy Unit, Legal, Centrica Plc, Lakeside West, 30 The Causeway, Staines, Midlesex, TW18 3BY, United Kingdom or email us at CentricaDataProtection@Centrica.com
1.5 Dyno-Group may monitor and record communications (including phone conversations and e-mails) for quality assurance and compliance
1.6 If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that you have given them the information set out in this clause, and that they have not objected to their personal information being used in the way described in this clause.
2. Protecting information
We have strict security measures to protect personal information. This includes following certain procedures and encrypting (encoding) data on our websites.
3. The Internet
3.1 If you communicate with us using the internet, we may occasionally e-mail you about our services and products. When you first give us personal information through our website, we will normally give you the opportunity to say whether you would prefer us not to contact you by e-mail. However, you can always send us an e-mail (at the address set out below) at any time if you change your mind.
3.2 Please remember that communications over the Internet, such as e-mails and webmails (messages sent through a website), are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered – this is the nature of the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
5. Further Information