How to unblock a drain
Discovering a blocked drain is a sure-fire way to ruin anyone’s day. To stop the risk of flooding along with some truly nose-curdling odours, you need to unclog that drain as fast as humanly possible. Plus you’ll be your cohabitants’ new favourite person if you know how to come to the rescue.
So fear not. Here are the two main routes you can take when drains get clogged up.
1. The organic way
- Pour about 130g of baking powder down the offending drain (assuming it’s dry)
- Pour about twice as much boiling water down and wait several minutes
- Add another 130g of baking powder and then twice as much white wine vinegar
- Put the plug in the drain. It may well sizzle at this point, but that’s a good thing!
If the above method doesn’t work, try calling Dyno-Rod.
2. The chemical way
- Pour a sink and drain unblocking product into the blocked drain.
- Leave for 20 minutes.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Let your incredible new drain-unblocking powers sink in.
Still no luck? Sounds like you need a Dyno-Rod drains expert.